Saturday, May 14, 2011

Day 3: Amsterdam

Author: Daniel




I must admit, Scott's blogging is a tough act to follow but I'll do my best. We're currently on a train headed to Brussels. However, I'm going to recap the day before getting to the final video of a look of a train headed to Brussels.

We started this morning with a check out from the hostel. As a backpacker, you always tend to move slow when you're leaving a cool place. I guess it kind of goes with the territory.

We were able to leave our packs at the hostel in Old Towne before setting out for the Van Gogh museum and the rest of the museum district.

The Van Gogh museum is an incredible way to view the changes in Van Gogh's painting styles. As my second time through the museum, I was amazed by all of the new things I noticed about the paintings. There are things about Van Gogh's brush strokes that cannot be viewed in prints. It really is just incredible to see, even the second time.

From the Van Gogh, we took some time to take pictures at the "I Amsterdam" sign. We actually had a lot of fun doing this as you can probably see from the pictures.














YouTube Video


After our photoshoot, we lost one of our travelers. Phil left to meet up with his family in Holland leaving Ketan, Scott, and I to get to Brussels on our own.

From there we went to the Steidleich museum to see some modern art. The museum was kind of creepy but oddly fascinating. The most interesting section was the media arts where different video on repeat had an artistic story.

After the museum, Scott, Ketan, and I went shopping. We all found some Euro clothes. Expect our next pictures to blend in more with the surroundings.

We finally made it to the train station, validated our passes, and hopped on a train. I'll let the video do the talking.


YouTube Video


On to the next city,

-Daniel

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

Location:Amsterdam, NL

No comments:

Post a Comment